Terms and Conditions
TERMS OF ENGAGEMENT Issue 2.6 May 2019
27 Old Gloucester Street London, WC1N 3XX Tel: 0870 606 1284 Fax: 0870 606 1284 www.bant.org.uk
This document is confidential and a signed copy must be retained by both the Client and the Registered Nutritionist
Terms of Engagement – Issue 2.6 May 2019
TERMS OF ENGAGEMENT -
BETWEEN THE BANT REGISTERED NUTRITIONIST AND HIS/HER CLIENT
Nutritional Therapy is the application of nutrition science in the promotion of health, peak performance and individual care. Nutritionists use a wide range of tools to assess and identify potential nutritional imbalances and understand how these may contribute to an individual’s health. Nutrition counselling is recognised as a complementary medicine and is relevant for individuals looking to enhance their health and those with chronic health conditions.
The degree of benefit obtainable from nutritional interventions may vary between clients with similar health problems and following a similar nutritional intervention programme.
You are engaging me as a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach to provide the services to you on these terms.
I hereby acknowledge and agree:
1. The purpose of nutritional counselling is to improve the overall health, vitality and well-being of the body through nutritional education and the use of natural foods and non-medicinal nutritional supplements. The Registered Nutritionist, Julie Hodgson, does not diagnose diseases, disorders or conditions.
2. As part of the Nutritional Counselling Services, I may be asked to provide information concerning my physical habits, medical history, moods, energy levels, likes and dislikes, lifestyle and diet. This information is collected to enable the Registered Nutritionist to (i) assess my knowledge of nutrition, (ii) educate me about the benefits of sound nutritional practices and (iii) recommend dietary changes to improve my general health, vitality and overall well-being.
3. Julie Hodgson Nutrition will hold this information in confidence and will not release or disclose this information to any other person, without my prior consent, except as required by applicable law. All information disclosed via verbal or written context is completely confidential, except as required by law.
4. If Julie Hodgson Nutrition suspects the existence of a disease, disorder or condition, I will be informed of this suspicion. However, I acknowledge this is not a diagnosis or conclusion about the state of my health and that I am directed to promptly consult a licensed Physician about any suspected problems.
5. I acknowledge that I am not to alter or discontinue treatments prescribed by a licensed Physician or other licensed health professionals without consulting the individual who prescribed the treatment.
6. In providing Nutrition Counselling Services to me, Julie Hodgson Nutrition, is relying upon the truth, accuracy and completeness of all information I have provided to her. Any recommendations I follow for changes in diet, including the use of nutritional supplements, are entirely my responsibility.
7. Julie Hodgson Nutrition is in no way liable for my health or safety.
8. A minimum of 24 hours is required for cancelling appointments. Appointments cancelled within 24 hours of your appointment time will be rescheduled at the discretion of Julie Hodgson Nutrition. .
9. I understand that any therapies I undertake at Julie Hodgson Nutrition are undertaken of my own free will. I accept that the ultimate responsibility for my health care is my own and that Julie Hodgson Nutrition is here to support me in this. I understand that my practitioner reserves the right to determine which cases fall outside their scope of practice, in which event an appropriate referral will be recommended.
10. You will have 14 calendar days notice from point of payment to withdraw (“Withdrawal Period”) from these services and terminate the terms subject to the provisions below.
11. Once agreed and your initial payment has been taken and upon expiry of the Withdrawal Period, no refunds will be given. After full payment and before the end of the withdrawal period £120 will be retained to cover costs incurred during that time if you have already submitted your health questionnaire and research has been carried out. For online programmes and meal planning services, after full payment and before the end of the withdrawal period £120 will be retained to cover costs incurred for the first module released, or meal plans emailed.
On sharing this form, your practitioner adheres to these Terms of Engagement.
By accepting this form you are agreeing to the same Terms of Engagement.
Please contact your practitioner if you have any questions or concerns about this.
Julie Hodgson – Qualified and Registered Nutritionist
BSc (Hons), PgDip, DIP ION, mBANT, CNHC
Email – email@example.com
Tel – 07971 862324