My tips for helping you get started and recharge your healthy motivation!
Updated: Jan 3
Get out of a healthy funk and find renewed vigour with your health & wellbeing goals.!
If you've lost your mojo, keep wishing you could feel better, but are struggling to get yourself out of that healthy funk, check out my 10 tips for helping you recharge your healthy motivation and start feeling better today!
1) My favourite when I've gone a tad off track and find myself struggling to stop the snacking or stick to regular meals. Go back to basics of 3 meals per day.
Commit to eating 3 meals per day, breakfast, lunch and dinner, containing adequate protein, lots of colourful vegetables and healthy fats. This will balance blood sugar helping to eliminate cravings, fill you up and provide all those lovely nutrients to help boost energy and all-round health, and get you started with renewed vigour! 🥑 🍠🍉
2) Do a BIG shop and fill your fridge with all those lovely healthful nourishing, feel good foods that you want to be eating this week.
Get yourself inspired by looking up some nice recipes or meal ideas you want to eat that week. You could do a meal plan or just list down the kind of foods and meals you want to be eating. 🍝🍲🍜
3) Pick a different area of health. 🏋️♀️🧘♀️😴 If you find you keep trying to eat better or exercise but keep failing maybe there is another area of health such as stress or sleep that might help you commit and stick to your attempts.
Positive change in any area of health will act like a catalyst to further change. Starting a regular walking habit or exercise routine for example, might help you feel better and then eat better, or maybe you need to tackle emotional health, low mood, low self esteem that is sabotaging your attempts.
4) Commit to exercise - Get it in your diary and prioritise it over everything else. 🏊♀️ 🚵♀️ 🏋️♀️
We all know the immense benefits of exercise, physical, mental, emotional, but just committing to doing something, anything at all, however small, on a regular basis, whether or not you feel like it, will get you out of any funk. Those endorphins will get you feeling great and like you can do anything!.
It can be 10 minutes, 20 minutes or an hour! Just commit to doing something. Again this will act like a catalyst and get you making more positive choices.
5) Get crystal clear on what you want to do and what you want to achieve. Whether you are doing it or not! 🙂
I often find, and we are all guilty of this, we concentrate on our failings, what we are not doing, how fat we are, lazy we are etc.
What you NEED to be concentrating on, is what you want to be doing. Put all that mental effort into thinking about what you want for yourself instead of what you dont!
6) Read! Choose a book that you want to become, that inspires you, motivates you and makes you feel good when you read it.
Find one that gives you all the information you need, and get absorbed in it! Use it as your guide to changing your life and health the way you want. 📖
7) Write a list of all the things that give you joy, light you up and energise your soul. A sure fire way to get you motivated!
Choose little things, those tiny things you do everyday that you really enjoy, that soothe your soul. And when you find the little things you love, that make you feel good all round, focus on it, cement the feeling/habit in your mind. 🤩🥰
You might say.... "well chocolate makes me feel good". Even though this may be true in the moment. Does it make you feel good all-round after you've eaten it? I'm talking about things that REALLY feel good!
8) Start a new habit. Starting a new habit doing anything, it doesn't have to be health related, just something that makes you feel good, helps you find new purpose.
Doing something new helps you find new vigour and more likely to make other new changes. Positive changes!👍
9) Set yourself routines. Start with your morning routine, work on that, and then start on the next.
You could have a drinking routine to help you get more fluid in over the day. You could have a food prep routine to help you always have something to hand for lunch. If you struggle with the afternoon munchies (ahem!) set yourself a routine to avoid this.
And a bedtime routine does everybody the world of good! Think outside the box when it comes to routines! They are great for overcoming not so positive habits, and cementing new 'good' habits. 😇
10) To put this one bluntly! Just do it! Just do the stuff!
We all know the simple things that will get everybody feeling better, eating more vegetables, going for a walk, going to bed at a decent time, exercising, meditating etc. You have to take action to get results.
Realise that it will never be the right time, you will never feel motivated and it WILL feel uncomfortable initially, but you have to do something different to get diff